Wednesday, December 18, 2013

"FULLER LAKE IN AUTUMN" AN ORIGINAL PASTEL PAINTING BY CLARE KLAUM 10-6-2012



It was great to see everyone on Saturday for the annual picnic/paint out/meeting at Pine Grove Furnace State Park. There were a few sprinkles of rain but not enough to prevent us from painting.  I was not able to complete this on sight so I finished it in my studio at home.  The morning was a little grey but I punched up the colours to make it brighter.  The scuba divers were such an unexpected entertainment.  We would occasionally see bubbles and once saw 2 divers about 4 ft down. I had no idea that the lake was 125ft deep so for the most part we didn't see them once they submerged.  There were about 40 divers and they said they would be under the water for about 1 hr.  Quite an interesting day. The food and fellowship at the picnic was great!

No comments:

Post a Comment