Wednesday, December 18, 2013

"STEPS OF HISTORIC SHIPOKE" AN ORIGINAL PASTEL PAINTING BY CLARE KLAUM 6-29-2013



When I was employed by Premier Eye Care most of the time I worked at the office on North Front Street. Occasionally I would work at the office in Shipoke. Now that I am retired, what I remembered  most about that quaint area was that in the summer some of the residents would have pots of flowers lining their front steps.  I would always admire the view as I drove along Race St. to the office.  This house jumped out as I walked around deciding where to paint. The grouping of the pots and the colors were so vibrant! The owner and her neighbor were so gracious.  It was a pleasure to meet them both.  Thank you to Premier for allowing us to park in their lot as parking is difficult in Shipoke.  Thank you for all who attended the paint out.  I think we had some lovely paintings from that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment