Wednesday, December 18, 2013

"SWAN POND RIVER JETTY" (CAPE COD) AN ORIGINAL PASTEL PAINTING BY CLARE KLAUM 9-13-2013


This was my first day of painting in Cape Cod.  I loved this view but I had to be elevated slightly to see the marsh grass and water winding through it. It just so happened that the restaurant nearby was opening their deck for lunch.  So I asked if we ( Johanna and I ) had lunch could we paint on their deck and they said yes.  We had a lovely time painting, eating a great lunch and sipping on a glass of wine.  We were really roughing it!  I almost sold this painting.  A women and her daughter were admiring my painting and reminiscing about when they went to that beach.  She asked how much and I gave her a price and she was willing to buy it right then,  but I said it was not finished yet. (The perfectionist in me) So I gave her my card and got her name and phone number.  When I called her the next day to tell her it was finished and I could meet her at the restaurant I never heard back from her. I learned a valuable lesson.  Sell it on the spot whether I feel it is finished or not. She liked it the way it was and I should have signed it and sold it.

No comments:

Post a Comment